Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chapter 1 Make Connections

Evaluate my skills in making connections:
1. I know what campus resources are available to meet my needs.
2. I plan to participate in one or more extracurricular activities.
3. I can describe how contributing to the communtity can enhance my learning.
4. I use the Internet appropriately to search for information and stay connected.
5. I use a word-prcessing program for most of what i write.
6. I use social networking sites responsibly.

Chapter one is about exploring and getting to know your new environment. Go to the library, conselors, advisers, tutors and other services. You also should stay active; get involved in student activities, stay healthly by going to the sports club, and get to know people while you are at it. Overcome your fears and make sure you map out your academic path with an adviser. Also stay up to speed with the technology.

Review Questions:
Kinds of campus connections matter?
1. MLK library, Peer Mentor Center, LARC because all have great resources for HELP!
Key aspects in making an academic career path?
2. Get good grades, make sure to see a adviser, and know your major
Why is college catalog a good resource and some inportant facts you can learn from it?
3. It explains in detail the major and the classes needed to graduate.
Key considerations when selecting a major?
4. Know what you like and dont pick something because your parents or friends told you to do it.
Important computer skills needed and the one that is most immediate success?
5. Know how to use Word and use the interent because you will need it to sumbit or check homework online and need it to type up essays on Word.

Know yourself:
I enjoy being with my family and involved in car and motorcycles social gatherings. I usually go to car and motorcycle meets or shows on weekends and i just like to hang out with friends and people that have the same interest as me. Also you get to meet lots of new people. In my leisure time i like to do the same, but also i like to play basketball, golf, video games, watch tv, sleep, go fishing, hangout with friends or family, or just explore new places. My hobbies are the same. i will just be repeating myself. The link between my hobbies, activites and my major would be they are all stuff i like to do. I believe engineering or something to do with cars would be my major because I like to design, create, or be involved in things.

Your Journal:
Reflect
1. Best Helper:
all my professors, teachers, mentors, tutors, classmates, and friends because they help me get there the transition from High school to college life.
2. Dealing with computers:
I use Mircosoft word pretty well and also know to use the internet broswer great. I need help in photoshop, power point, excel and one note.
Do
2. Explore extracurricular activities
I went to Spartan Squad kickoff and got my free shirt. Also went to the first sjsu football game. I want to become a member of Formula SAE. I am a member of Spartan Riders.
Think critically
1. Library needs
It is a great place to study! Very quite and has lots of resources from books to people to get help from.

No comments:

Post a Comment